The Association for Historical and Fine Art Photography (AHFAP) is committed to protecting your personal information. We value the relationship that you have with us and respect that any information you supply is personal to you.
1. Information we collect and retain.
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(1) We will typically hold your name, job title and contact details, including physical address, telephone number and e-mail address.
(2) We do not acquire or process sensitive personal information. Applicable law recognises certain categories of personal information as sensitive, such as information under the following categories:
(a) the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject,
(b) their political opinions,
(c) their religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature,
(d) whether they are a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992),
(e) their physical or mental health or condition,
(f) their sexual life,
(g) the commission or alleged commission by them of any offence, or
(h) any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by them, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
2. How and why we use your personal data.
Personal data, however provided to us, is used for the purposes specified below:
(1) To keep you informed about your membership, to provide news and information about conferences, and other events and activities of the association.
(2) To provide news and information on other relevant matters that we feel will be useful to you.
(3) To administer the operations of AHFAP.
Your information is held by the Association’s Data Controller and is made available to the Membership Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, the Web Officer and Web Support Officer in so far as is necessary for the performance of their duties. The Data is password protected and securely stored in accordance with the new regulations. The Association does not divulge this information to any other person or third Party under any circumstances.
3. Your rights
You can withdraw or change your consent at any time by contacting the AHFAP Data Controller, Richard Everett, at firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Right to be informed – you have the right to be told how your personal information will be used. This Policy is intended to provide you with a clear and transparent description of how your personal information may be used.
(2) Right of access – you can write to us to ask for confirmation of what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information. Provided we are satisfied that you are entitled to see the information requested and we have successfully confirmed your identity, we have 30 days to comply.
(3) Right of erasure – as from 25 May 2018, you can ask us for your personal information to be deleted from our records.
(4) Right of rectification – if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated.
You are further entitled to make a complaint about us or the way we have processed your data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). For further information on how to exercise this right, please see the guidance at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information.
The contact details of the ICO can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
4. Policy Review
This policy will be reviewed at regular intervals to ensure that it is compliant with current regulations.
Issued May 2018