The data held by the association is limited to the details of members of the association.
Data Protection Compliance Officer
Our Data Protection Compliance Officer is:
Tel: 020 7211 2426
Click here to email
- Only permit committee members to access the full set of data.
- Not release data to individuals or organisations outside our association.
- Only keep data necessary for the administration of the association.
- Review the data at intervals not exceeding 3 years.
- Destroy or delete superfluous data.
- Not keep information of a sensitive nature (for definition see appendix).
- Not permit the data to be displayed publicly or included on a website.
- On request, provide to a member, details of the information we have of them.
- When sending an e-mail message to more than 10 members use blind (Bcc) copies.
- On retiring or resigning, committee members will destroy or delete any data they hold.
This policy shall be reviewed at intervals of not more than three years, and whenever there are changes to the type of data held by the association.
The Information Commissioners Guide to data protection for organisations can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/
Personal data means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified –
(a) from those data, or
(b) from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller,
and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual.
Sensitive personal data means personal data consisting of information as to –
(a) the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject,
(b) their political opinions,
(c ) their religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature,
(d) whether they are a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992),
(e) their physical or mental health or condition,
(f) their sexual life,
(g) the commission or alleged commission by them of any offence, or
(h) any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by them, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
Reviewed October 2017